Information about our planned system maintenance and technical issues.
Planned system maintenance
Regular system maintenance is performed on the following days and times
|Mondays||Midnight – 4 am|
|Wednesdays||5 am – 8 am|
|Weekends||2 pm Saturday – 9 am Sunday|
The following systems might be unavailable during these periods:
- eLodgement (Online visa and citizenship applications)
- My Health Declarations (MHD) service
- Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)
- Australian Trusted Trader
- Employment Suitability Clearances
- Detention Visitor Application
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC)
- Humanitarian Entrants Management System (HEMS)
- Adult Migrant English Program Reporting and Management System (ARMS)
- Education Provider Report (eBIT)
- Visa Pricing Estimator
- Departmental websites.
If you receive a 'Service Temporarily Unavailable' error message during this time, please try again after the outage period.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Known browser issues
To ensure you can use the full functionality of our online services, we recommend you use a current version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
The system is currently unavailable
Some users on occasion might receive an error message 'The system is currently unavailable' in ImmiAccount. If you are getting this message, clear your internet browser cache/history and try again. You might need to do this a number of times. If this does not work then completely shut down and restart your computer.
Issues accessing ImmiAccount with Mozilla Firefox 30.0
Some users might experience issues trying to access ImmiAccount using version 30.0 of Mozilla Firefox. A bug in this version causes Firefox to crash when attempting to login or when creating and registering for an account.
If you encounter this problem you are encouraged to try using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox or use an alternative browser, such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
Clients using Internet Explorer 8
Clients using Internet Explorer 8 will receive the below error message when they are attempting to download files:
If you encounter this problem you are encouraged to use an alternative browser, such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or a later version of Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer version 8 users might also receive the following page navigation error message:
'The system has detected unexpected page navigation. This can occur if you use your browser's Back button or a bookmark to move between pages. While using this system, use only the buttons and links displayed on the page to move between pages. Click OK to return to the current working page.'
To avoid this problem you are encouraged to use only the buttons and links displayed on the page to navigate between pages or reinstall Internet Explorer version 8 or a newer version of Internet Explorer.
Root certificate expired
If you are using an old browser, you might receive a message indicating that 'the root certificate has expired'.
If you receive this message:
- select the option to continue - this will provide an encrypted session to protect your data in the same way as if you had not received this message, however your browser will not be able to verify that it is guaranteed to be connected with our web server, or
- upgrade your browser to a recommended version, or
- download the new Global server certificate root to your browser by following the instructions at the