Lebanon Visa Support

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Note: We will update the information on this page frequently.​

Information in other languages

​The Department of Home Affairs is progressing visa applications from people affected by the security situation in Lebanon. We are prioritising visa assessment for those directly affected with an urgent need for travel​.

The Department encourages people who want to come to Australia or extend their stay to obtain a suitable visa - E​xplore visa options.

Making a visa application to travel to Australia​

If you are seeking to depart Lebanon urgently, and are directly affected by the security situation in Lebanon, consider applying for a Visitor (subclass 600) visa​.

If you have applied for a permanent visa, such as a Partner visa, it may not be possible to finalise this application quickly. You can apply for a Visitor visa which can be processed more quickly.

An ongoing application for a permanent visa will not impact the assessment of your Visitor visa application, and processing of your application for a permanent visa or for citizenship will continue while you are in Australia.

If you are an Australian relative or friend of a person affected by the situation in Lebanon, you can make a visa application on their behalf. You will need their permission and details. 

​If you have a relative in Australia and you apply for a Visitor visa, you can make an application under the Tourist stream and provide details of your Australian relative. You do not need to make an application under the Sponsored Family Visitor stream.​​

Applying for a visa

Apply for an Australian visa online through ImmiAccount​. This is the most efficient way to apply. Applicants should not attend an Embassy or an office of the Department to lodge a visa application.

If you need help to apply for a visa see Who can help you with your application. If you are an Australian relative or friend of a person affected by the situation in Lebanon, you can make a visa application on their behalf. You will need their permission and details. 

You will need a passport. If you do not have a passport, provide us more information so that we can work with you to find alternative options.

For assistance with migration agent appointments, you can access our Translating and Interpreting Service.

Meet visa requirements

You must meet all legal requirements before you can be granted a visa. In some circumstances, you may need to undertake a health examination or provide personal identifiers (biometrics). The Department will tell you if we need this. Do not attend a collection centre or panel doctor unless we have asked you to do so.

In response to the security situation, the Department increased the number of appointments available for applicants to provide biometrics. Appointment availability at the Australian Biometrics Collection Centre in Beirut remains good.

Our panel doctors in Lebanon are operating as normal.

The Department continues to monitor appointment availability for both biometrics and medical examinations closely.

A list of biometric collection centres and panel doctors are available on the department’s Offices and locations page​​.

Extending your stay in Australia

If the security situation has affected you and your family and you wish to extend your stay, there are a range of visa options available. This includes the skilled, family, student and visitor visa programs.

Check your visa expiry date and visa conditions in VEVO, the myVEVO app or your visa grant letter.

You can download the free myVEVO app from the Apple and Google app stores.

If a ‘no further stay’ condition (8503, 8534, 8535 or 8540) applies to your current visa, you can apply to have that condition waived by completing a no Further Stay waiver request.​

Children travelling with one parent

Some children may be travelling across international borders with only one parent. Australia commits to ensuring the welfare of children. To travel to Australia, a minor must have permission from both parents.

If you cannot provide this consent, you can make an application with available documentation. We will contact you to discuss your application. 

Additional travel advice

For up-to-date Australian Government travel advice see Travel Advice.

Australian citizens and Permanent Residents currently located in affected areas should subscribe to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s (DFAT) Smartraveller travel advice to receive the latest updates.

When there is an update to a travel advisory you have subscribed to, you will get an email about it. If you need urgent consular help, call DFAT’s 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 6261 3305 from overseas or 1300 555 135 in Australia. 

Interpreting and Translating Services

Free interpreting and translating services are available to affected people and their families in Australia. The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National, 131 450) is an interpreting service provided by the Department of Home Affairs. It assists people who do not speak English, and agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients.

Translation of documents is also available through our Free Translating Service. We encourage affected people arriving in Australia to call The Migration Translators on 1800 962 100 for more information.

Contact us

If you your circumstances have changed and you lodged a visa application online, you can update your details in ImmiAccount.

If you need to contact the Department, you can submit an enquiry using: 

Enquiry form for people impacted by the security situation​ in Lebanon.

Global Service Centre:

In Australia Phone: 131 881

Outside Australia Phone: +61 2 6196 0196

pop-up content starts
pop-up content ends