Competent English

    You can show you have Competent English if you either:
  • achieve the relevant score in an English test from an approved English language test provider . You must have undertaken the test, no more than 36 months before you are invited to apply for the visa
  • are a citizen of, and hold a valid passport from, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom, or the United States. Points can be claimed for Proficient or Superior English only if you undertake an approved English language test.

You must be able to meet the English eligibility criteria at the time you are invited to apply for the visa.

There is more information about Competent English.