Baby born to student visa holder

Soon after your child is born notify us so we can register them in our system with a visa. If you do not do this you might experience delays in lodging future visa applications or when travelling. To notify us, complete a Form 1022 - Notification of changes in circumstances (77 KB PDF) and provide it with a certified copy of your child’s Australian birth certificate to your closest office.

If you are lodging a new visa application in Australia and need to include a newborn, the child must have a passport.

If you do not have a passport for your child yet and your current visa is going to expire before your child’s passport is issued, use the Technical Support Form and explain why you cannot lodge online (namely that a family member does not have a valid travel document).