Applicant documents


  • For anyone included in the application who is 18 years of age or older and is not your partner:
    • Form 47A - Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over (327KB PDF).
  • If you want to bring a child younger than 18 years of age with you to Australia, and that child’s other parent is not included in the application, you have to provide documentary evidence that you have the legal right to bring that child to Australia.
  • You must also provide one of these documents if you are applying for this visa and you are younger than 18 years of age and you are travelling without one or both parents or guardians.

Receiving assistance

  • If someone gives you advice or lodges your application for you:
    • Form 956 - Advice by a migration agent/exempt person of providing immigration assistance (133KB PDF) (the agent or exempt person completes the form and you must sign it).
  • If you would like someone else to receive correspondence from us on your behalf: 
    • Form 956a - Appointment or withdrawal of an authorised recipient (116KB PDF) (the recipient completes the form and you must sign it).

Your identity

You must provide evidence of your identity.

Doing highly specialised work

You must provide evidence of your work.

Assisting in a national emergency

  • A letter of support from an Australian Commonwealth, state or territory emergency authority

Foreign Affairs student or recipient

  • A letter of support from the Australian Foreign Minister.

Prepare your documents

You must provide documents to support your application for this visa. We can make a decision using the information you provide when you lodge your application. It is in your interest to provide as much information as possible with your application.

You must provide certified copies of original documents. Do not include original documents unless we specifically ask for them. Documents not in English must be accompanied by accredited English translations.