Marry your prospective spouse

You are expected to marry your prospective spouse and apply for a Partner visa (subclass 820 and 801) before your visa expires.

You can get married in Australia or any other country but you must have entered Australia at least once on the Prospective Marriage visa before you marry.

The marriage must be valid under Australian law.