If your child is born after you lodge your application but before a decision is made, attach to your ImmiAccount:
- a completed
Form 1022 - Notification of changes in circumstances (266 KB PDF)
- the child’s birth certificate
- the child’s passport, when obtained.
When we receive the form and birth certificate:
- the child will be added to your visa application
- we will request a health check for the child
- if the child was born in Australia, they will automatically be granted the same visa you held at the time of their birth.
If you are eligible for grant of the visa, we will need a copy of your child’s passport before decision.
There is no fee to add a newborn child to your application.