If you are applying on paper

  • All non-English documents must be translated into English. Contact the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters for a translator.

    Translators outside Australia do not need to be accredited, but they must endorse the translation with their full name, address, telephone number, and details of their qualifications and experience in the language being translated.

  • All documents except police certificates and English translations must be certified.
  • Send original police certificates.
  • Send certified copies of all other documents (including non-English documents) – do not send the originals.
  • Send a document only once, even if you are using it to show more than one thing.

We suggest you keep a copy of your completed application form and all other documents you send.