Welcome to the Department of Home Affairs' Skilled Visa E-news.
Registered Migration Agents (RMA) and other interested individuals can access electronic editions of the Department's skilled visa newsletters below.
Skilled visa E-news provides advice about upcoming changes to both the temporary and permanent skilled visa programs. More general information about the Australian Government reforms, announced on 18 April 2017, in relation to temporary and permanent skilled visas continue to be available on the Department's
what's news for working in Australia.
Important: The primary audience for Skilled visa E-news is RMAs. This is because the majority of applications for temporary and permanent skilled visas are represented by RMAs. E-news is not a substitute for formal policy. LEGENDcom should be consulted to ensure that RMAs have considered the most up to date information from the Department when advising their clients. RMA's are advised to continue checking these pages on a regular basis as new articles, or updates to existing articles, could occur without prior notice. RMAs are also advised to check the Need Help section below regularly for processing information and communication protocols.
This information is managed by the Economic and Skilled Visa Program Branch.
Where do I go for assistance?
Migration agents and clients should in the first instance utilise online options, including
ImmiAccount, to communicate with the Department and/or provide additional documents/forms. A new ImmiAccount form will also be available for approved sponsors who wish to notify changes in circumstances.
Given the TSS (/457) visa program is now responsible for maintaining multiple mailboxes, migration agents are more specifically reminded
not to copy in multiple mailboxes or send repeat requests as this will only slow down response times to your query and/or visa processing.
Before contacting the Department by email, ensure that you have already checked all relevant information that is currently available to you, including: Website pages, Legendcom and ComLaw.
Please take note of the below mailboxes (and auto-replies therein) in relation to topics which are in or out of scope for a Departmental response:
- If you are having problems with
ImmiAccount (including application lodgement or providing further attachments), contact the Department by using the
ImmiAccount Technical Support Form so that the relevant systems helpdesk can assist you.
- If you have questions about an already lodged application being processed by the Department, contact:
- If you have any labour agreement queries or wish to request an agreement information package, email
- If you have questions about an application which has already been finalised, please forward the query with subject title 'Post-decision enquiry' to:
Note: emails that do not provide supporting evidence and/or raise a specific concern regarding the application of law/policy will not be answered.
What to keep in mind when writing to a mailbox?
To help improve mailbox response times for everyone, agents are asked to assist by not:
- copying in individual departmental officers where emailing group mailboxes, or sending duplicate emails to multiple email addresses
- sending emails relating to topics that are covered in the auto responses or in the Department's decision notifications
- seeking assistance with linking a newly lodged nomination application to an existing visa application – this will be done automatically if correct visa TRN was recorded at the time of lodgement, which can be confirmed via
- asking for priority processing for nomination applications relating to changing sponsors – these will automatically be afforded priority processing by our systems details be updated – this should be done via ImmiAccount
- asking that passport, address or email details be updated – this should be done via
- asking about VEVO not providing visa details against new passports – this enquiry should be directed to the Department by using the
Visa Entitlement Verification Online enquiry form.
Note: To reduce the number of correspondence failure, please ensure that your email address is correctly recorded at the time of application lodgement and that you have also provided agreement for the Department to communicate with you electronically.
How to provide further documents to the Department?
Please ensure that all documents are attached to ImmiAccount as required.
ImmiAccount is the only secure system for uploading your documents. To ensure the security of your documents, we recommend that you do not send them via email, third party drop-boxes or through provision of a link. Documents lodged outside of ImmiAccount, may be blocked by the Department’s internet filter or accessible by other parties. Additionally, there is no 'chain of custody' evidence of your documents being submitted if they are sent in this way. All of this will slow down the processing of your visa. If you are having problems with ImmiAccount, see ImmiAccount – How to attach documents to a visa application (345KB PDF) in the first instance on the Department’s website.