You can print information from LEGENDcom at any time. Instructions and important information about printing from LEGENDcom is available on this page.
Printing information from LEGENDcom
Documents in LEGENDcom are stored as webpages and can only be printed one webpage at a time. Documents that contain several webpages must be printed separately. You cannot select more than one webpage at the same time to print.
If a document is larger than one webpage, a blue jump link will be located at the bottom of the page to take you to the next page. Alternatively the table of contents will indicate the next page.
Note: Printing is executed from the internet browsers print function.
Printing entire webpages
Printing the entire webpage will print only the text contained in the right hand pane. A single webpage can be as long as 30-40 A4 sheets of paper long. To print a webpage:
- Select the required document. Go to the webpage of the document that you want to print (if it has more than one webpage).
- Print your selected document by:
- right clicking on the mouse and selecting 'Print' to get the Print box. Select 'Print' or
Figure 2 – Step 2a right mouse click 'menu'.
- pressing 'Ctrl+P'. Select Print.
- select 'File' from the internet browser menu, and then select 'Print' to get the 'Print' box. Select 'Print'.
- click on the printer icon.
Figure 3 – Step 2d printer icon.
Note: If there is more than one webpage that you want to print, click on the jump link at the bottom of the webpage or select the next page from the table of contents to access the page. Repeat the process.
Printing sections of text and popup boxes
You need to highlight the text that you want to print prior to selecting the correct print settings.
To print from a webpage:
- Select the required document or popup.
- Highlight the text in the right hand pane.
- place the curser at the beginning of the text to be copied, hold down the left button on the mouse and scroll over the required text.
Note: To copy text starting from a jump link, select the space before the link to avoid accidentally clicking on the link which will take you to another page. If you accidentally click a link, select the back button on your internet browser window to return to the page you want to print from.
- Print your selected text by:
- right clicking on the mouse over your highlighted text and select 'Print' to show the Print box. Click 'Selection' in the Page Range box. Select 'Print'.
Figure 4 – Step 3a print menu box.
- pressing 'Ctrl+P', select Print to show the Print box. Click Selection in the Page Range box. Select 'Print'.
- select 'File' from the internet browsers menu, and then select 'Print' to show the Print box. Click Selection in the Page Range box. Select 'Print'.
- select the drop down arrow next to the printer icon to select 'Print' to show the Print box. Click 'Selection' in the Page Range box. Select 'Print'. Do not click on the printer icon as this will print everything.
Figure 5 – Step 3d print icon.