There are two types of ImmiAccount:
Individual: for individual applicants, a family member or friend to apply for a visa or citizenship
Organisation: for organisations and agents applying for a visa or citizenship or checking visa entitlements on behalf of others.
Note: LEGENDcom can be accessed through both individual and organisation accounts. This requires the purchase/join of an annual subscription.
You can create an Individual ImmiAccount and get started straight away. Organisations and agents can set up an organisation account or join an existing organisation account and request access to additional services. This access must be approved by an Organisation Account Administrator (OAA) within the nominated organisation and/or the Department.
Create an Individual ImmiAccount
To access ImmiAccount and our online services, individuals first need to
create an ImmiAccount.
On the Create an ImmiAccount page you will need to select the
Individual radio button. Make sure you complete any mandatory fields. These are all marked with a red asterix (*).
It is important that you provide a valid email address, make a note of your username and password and remember the exact answers you provide to the secret questions that you select. You will need to answer these questions if you forget your password.
Once you have created an account, you can login to ImmiAccount using your username and password.
See the quick reference guide under the help tab for assistance creating an individual account.
Create an Organisation ImmiAccount
Organisations (including registered migration agents, education agents, authorised e-Lodgement users and sponsoring companies) can Create an Organisation ImmiAccount to access the following services:
- Online Lodgement (including sponsorship, nomination, visa and citizenship applications)
- Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) for organisations
- Organisation Account Administration
See the quick reference guide under the help tab for assistance creating an organisation account.
Detailed information about the services available in ImmiAccount is outlined below.
Note: The following services are not available in ImmiAccount. They can be accessed using the links below:
Apply for a visa or citizenship online
You can currently lodge the following applications online using your ImmiAccount.
Skilled visa applications:
- Permanent Employer Sponsored or Nominated visa (subclass 186, 187)
- Employer Nomination for a Permanent Appointment (subclass 186, 187)
- Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 132, 188, 888)
- Points Based Skilled Migration visa (subclass 189, 190, 489)
- Provisional Skilled Regional visa (renewal) (subclass 489)
- Provisional Skilled Regional visa (subsequent entrant) (subclass 489)
- General Skilled Migration visa (subclass 476, 887)
- Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)
- Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subsequent entrant) (subclass 482)
- Nomination for a Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)
- Sponsorship for a Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)
- Sponsorship renewal for a Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)
Family visa applications:
- Migration to Australia by a Partner (subclass 300, 309/100, 820/801)
- Partner visa - Information for Permanent Stage Processing (subclass 100, 801)
- Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia.
Temporary visa applications:
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400)
- Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403)
- Temporary Activities Sponsorship (subclass 403, 407, 408)
- Temporary Work and Activity Visas (Subsequent Entrant) (403, 407, 408)
- Training visa (subclass 407)
- Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
- First Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
- Second Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
- Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)
- Student visa (subclass 500)
- Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)
- Visitor visa (subclass 600)
- eVisitor visa (subclass 651)
- Maritime Crew visa (subclass 988)
- Temporary Protection visa (subclass 785)
- Safe Haven Enterprise visa (subclass 790).
- Resident Return visa (subclass 155, 157)
- Protection visa (subclass 866)
- My Health Declarations
- Australian citizenship by conferral
- Australian citizenship by descent
- Evidence of Australian citizenship
- APEC Australian Business Travel Card (Australian citizens only)
- Bridging visas A, B and C.
Import a visa application form into ImmiAccount
If you have submitted a visa application that is available online, and it is still being processed, you may be able to import the paper application into your ImmiAccount, which will allow you to attach additional documentation if required or any of the other ImmiAccount functions as outlined on this page.
Note: You will not be able to import Partner visa applications (including Partner sponsorship applications), organisation applications/nominations or applications where the Application ID begins with ‘IRIS’ (the Application ID is recorded in your Acknowledgement letter).
To import your paper or a pdf application you will need to enter your Application ID, date of birth and travel document number (passport, ImmiCard, or other travel document).
Attach documents to your application
You may be required to attached electronic copies of supporting documents to your application in ImmiAccount.
It is important that you read the
detailed advice on attaching documents before you attach any files in ImmiAccount.
Check the progress of your application
To check the progress of your online or imported paper application, you need to login to your
The status of the application is available from the 'My applications summary' screen in ImmiAccount. An 'Action required' flag will also be displayed if you are required to provide information in support of your application.
For example, you might need to:
- attach documents to support your application
- organise health examinations
- organise biometrics collection
- provide character assessment details.
You should make sure you have provided all the required information to ensure your application can be finalised as quickly as possible.
For visa and citizenship application processing times, see
global visa and citizenship processing times.
Do not contact us to enquire on the status of your application.
After you have submitted your application you can update the following details in ImmiAccount:
- appointment or withdrawal of an authorised recipient (including migration agent)
- change of address
- change of email address
- change of passport
- notification of changes in circumstances (for un-finalised applications only)
- notification of incorrect answer(s) (for un-finalised applications only).
Note: You can use the online 'Change of passport details' form to update your passport number, date of issue/expiry and issue authority/place only. If you need to update your name, date of birth or passport country you must use
Form 929 - Change of address and/or passport details (89KB PDF).
To provide updates, open the application you want to update in ImmiAccount and select the blue 'Update us' link.
If you cannot use these online forms, you can still access a range of fillable PDF forms by selecting Related links > Forms in ImmiAccount. You can complete and attach these forms to your application in ImmiAccount by using the "Attach Documents" option.
View application correspondence
You can view the following correspondence in ImmiAccount (unless you do not consent to electronic correspondence in the application form):
- acknowledgement of application received
- request for more information/documents
- biometric request letters
- decision notifications
- nomination and sponsorship decision notifications
- confirmation of withdrawal of application/nomination/sponsorship.
Correspondence will also be sent to the email or postal address nominated in your application.
Note: Most email programs now include an automatic spam filter. To ensure you receive all your email correspondence from us, check your junk/spam folder and add the homeaffairs.gov.au domain to your list of trusted and safe senders.
Before you contact us for any assistance in accessing or using ImmiAccount:
- check if there are currently any scheduled outages or technical issues from our
system maintenance and technical issues page
- read the support information provided below which will guide you through particular processes in ImmiAccount.
Create and manage your ImmiAccount
The following quick reference guides provide assistance on creating and managing your account.
Create an ImmiAccount (Individuals) (445KB PDF)
Create an ImmiAccount (Organisations) (532KB PDF)
Attach documents to an application in ImmiAccount
It is important that you read the detailed advice on attaching documents to your online or imported paper application before you attach any files in ImmiAccount.
The following quick reference guide also provides assistance on attaching documents to an application in ImmiAccount.
See:How to attach documents to an application in ImmiAccount (1.76MB PDF)
Common error messages
common error messages which you might see when using our online systems is available.
If you need further assistance with ImmiAccount, use our
ImmiAccount Technical Support Form to contact us.
Note: We receive a high volume of queries so before you contact us, make sure you read the information above and use the self-service functions (forgotten username or password) on the ImmiAccount login screen, where applicable.