Emergency services in Australia
Triple Zero (000)
Call Triple Zero (000) in an emergency to contact the Police, Fire or Ambulance if:
- Someone is seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help
- Your life or property is being threatened
- There is a fire
- You have witnessed an accident or crime
- Calls to Triple Zero (000) are free.
Triple Zero (000) information is available in a number of languages:
Find Triple Zero (000) information in other languages on the
Triple Zero (000) website.
State Emergency Service
The State Emergency Service provides assistance in severe storms or floods.
Call 132 500 during a flood or storm emergency.
Emergency action guides
Emergency action guides give you information on:
- How to prepare for an emergency
- What to do during an emergency
- What steps to take after an emergency
emergency action guides for emergencies in Australia, including floods, heatwaves and severe storms.
Travelling outside Australia
If you aim to travel overseas, ensure you know the emergency service numbers in your intended country of travel.
Embassy or High Commission, in your intended country of travel, for emergency information.