How can I update my address or passport details?

You must notify us of a change in address if you have an undecided application  and you intend to change your residential address for 14 days or more.

You should advise us of a change of address while you hold a visa to assist us to contact you if required.

You should advise us of a change of passport details if you currently hold a visa, as your visa is associated with your passport.

It is important you notify us of any changes to your address or passport details as soon as possible. If you are notifying us of a new name on your passport, you should provide official evidence of the name change, for example certified copies of the name change certificate or marriage certificate. This will ensure that we can process the change as soon as possible.

If you need to make any changes to your address or passport details you can notify us by one of the following methods:

  • Online through your ImmiAccount.
  • Complete Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details (251KB PDF) and email it to
    Note: We can accept scanned, photographed or electronically signed completed forms. If you have been issued a new passport, please provide a scanned copy or photograph of the biographical page of your new passport with the completed form. The biographical page of your passport is the page that contains your photograph, personal details and the issue/expiry dates