Relevant document: ‘Penal Certificate’.
Residents: Apply in person to the nearest ‘Police+10’ station or to The Criminal Records Division of the Public and Revolutionary Prosecutor’s Office, Dadsary-e Omunmi va Enghelab-e Tehran/Edarey-e-Kol-e-Sejel-e-Keyfari va Af-e-Bakhshoudegi.
- an original National Card
- a birth certificate (Red Booklet – Shenasnameh)
- two colour photographs (3x4 cm) with plain white background, and
- an Iranian passport with a copy of the first page of the passport if available (otherwise, a letter of introduction from the embassy is required).
Non-residents: Apply to the Iranian embassy in your country of residence (the embassy will forward the request to the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or to Interpol who will forward the request to Interpol Tehran). The Police Certificate will be in English script.
- two photographs
- ID card issued by the General Department of Civil Status and Census registration, and
- personal details and fingerprints for Interpol.
Fee: 35,000/ – Rls.
Note: Requirements are subject to change. For up-to-date instructions on documents required, please see the websites above.