Relevant document: ‘Police Clearance’.
Residents: Apply in person at your local police station.
Non-residents: Apply by post to Police Headquarters in Nicosia, Cyprus or at a Republic of Cyprus overseas mission.
Citizens to provide:
- application form (available on the website below)
- passport number and place of issue
- Republic of Cyprus ID card number
- current and permanent address, reason for request
- two current passport size photos which have been certified by an authorised person.
Non-citizens to provide:
- the documents listed above for ‘Citizens’, and
- a copy of your passport (and, if possible, the passport you held while living in Cyprus)
- a copy of your permit of stay in Cyprus, passport number and place of issue as well as the
- A.R.C number of the ‘Alien Book’’ or
- the ‘Temporary Residence’ slip or
- ‘M.P’ number stamped in the passport.
Note: all applicants will need a letter from the Department advising that a Police Clearance Certificate is required from the Republic of Cyprus Police authorities.
Fee: 17.09 Euros. However, you will need to confirm this with the Republic of Cyprus Police Authorities. The fee can be paid at a Cyprus Embassy, which issues receipt F18, or by sending a cheque (the payee is the Chief of Police), or bank wire (credit) transfer to:
- The Central Bank of Cyprus (the beneficiary is the Chief of Police)
- SWIFT CODE CBCYCY2NFBU
- Government General Account, account number CY 16001000010000000006001010
You will need to pay in Euros and include the receipt for the fee with your application form.