In this page
We take pride in being an employer of choice. If you are successful in your application, you will find the nature of our business and the work environment to be vibrant and rewarding.
You can find and apply for jobs directly through the Online Recruitment website. You must register to use the website.
You must create an account to register and use our Recruitment website.
You will need the following information:
- Personal particulars
- Current employment details
- Responses to the selection criteria (if applicable)
- Your resume.
Our recruitment website is part of an internet based recruitment software package used to advertise vacancies and to facilitate the submission of job applications and the assessment of applicants for advertised vacancies.
How it works
The system allows you to:
- search for vacancies
- view contact officer and closing date details
- apply for vacancies online
- access previous applications you have submitted through our Recruitment website
- receive communication from the selection committee (by email)
- complete the new starter information (if successful in being selected for a position).
Accessing our Recruitment website
Every person looking for a job with us must use our Recruitment website to access information.
If you have any questions or are having difficulty using our Recruitment website, you can contact us by telephone or email.
Telephone: 1300 793 883
If you are a current employee, you must login and apply for vacancies through OurPeople.
Applying for our vacancies
If you are registering for the first time online:
- you need to select the 'Apply now' link and then follow the prompts
- the system will ask you to enter your full name, email address and desired password.
You can make changes to your personal details at any time however, you cannot change an application after it has been submitted.
If you have already registered, select the 'sign in' link if you want to apply for another job. You will be prompted to log into the system using your registered email address and password.
If you have forgotten your password, the system will ask you to enter your email address and will then email the password to you.
Further information is available on how to apply is available on the vacancies page.
Who can see your application?
The following people will be able to view your application:
- The selection committee responsible for assessing your application
- The delegate (the manager who has the authority to approve selection decisions)
- Recruitment section (who manage and administer recruitment for us)
After you have applied
After you have submitted an application:
- you will receive a response by email to advise you that your application has been received
- you will receive an email from us to advise you if you have been selected for further assessment
- you will receive an email from us about your promotion, engagement or movement if you have been successful in your application for a position
- the Selection Advisory Committee will advise you by email if you are unsuccessful.
Privacy and security
We treat personal information as confidential.
The Privacy Act 1988 is the key law designed to protect your rights and prevent misuse of personal information collected by government agencies such as us.
Any information received by us is protected from unauthorised use and disclosure by virtue of specific provisions in the Migration Act 1958, Crimes Act 1914, Public Service Act 1999 and thePublic Service Regulations 1999.
Your personal information will not be disclosed unless the law permits it or your permission is given.
While we provide a secure environment, you should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information through the internet.