2020 Cyber Security Strategy Industry Advisory Panel
On 25 November 2019 the Minister for Home Affairs announced the membership of the 2020 Cyber Security Strategy Industry Advisory Panel. The Panel was established to provide strategic advice and guidance on the development of the 2020 Strategy.
The Panel membership is:
- Mr Andrew Penn (Chair) - Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Telstra
- Mr Robert Mansfield AO - Chair, Vocus Group
- Ms Robyn Denholm - Board Chair, Tesla
- Mr Chris Deeble AO CSC - Chief Executive, Northrop Grumman Australia
- Mr Darren Kane - Chief Security Officer, NBN Co
- Ms Kirstjen Nielsen (appointed on 18 December 2019) - Former US Secretary of Homeland Security
On 21 July 2020, the Panel released their
final report. See
The Panel’s recommendations address the full spectrum of cyber security threats - from threats that target vulnerable people in Australia every day to sophisticated state based actors.
These recommendations were informed by listening to a wide range of stakeholders including senior leaders in small, medium and large businesses, government, peak groups, and other interested stakeholders.
This also included feedback from 1,400 stakeholders that participated in face-to-face consultation led by the Department of Home Affairs between September 2019 and February 2020, and 156 publicly available
The Panel believes that cyber security is a team effort. Large enterprises, small and medium businesses, and Government all have shared platforms, common customers, and all are the target of attacks. We all, therefore, play a role and share an accountability in keeping Australians safe.
Release of the 2020 Cyber Security Strategy
The Government will respond to the Panel’s report in coming months through release of the
2020 Cyber Security Strategy.