Sponsor documents


You can lodge your sponsorship form online after your partner has lodged their visa application and given you their Transaction Reference Number (TRN) or application ID.

You can lodge the form using your partner's ImmiAccount or your own ImmiAccount.

Identity documents

Character documents

  • Police certificates
  • If you served in the armed forces of any country, military service records or discharge papers.

If you are sponsoring on behalf of your child


  • A court document allowing the marriage between your child and the visa applicant
  • Proof that you are the parent or guardian of your child.