Overseas Student Health Cover

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is acceptable health insurance if you are still on a student visa when you lodge your application for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485).

OSHC is not acceptable if you no longer hold a student visa (for example, if you are granted a bridging visa during the visa processing period or if you are granted a Temporary Graduate visa). Therefore, if you are applying for this visa while you are covered by OSHC, you will need to have adequate cover (other than your OSHC) either immediately after your OSHC ceases or before your visa application is finalised (whichever comes first). If your application for the visa is to be decided before your OSHC ceases, we will contact you to ask you to obtain non-OSHC cover before we finalise the application.