You could meet this requirement if any of the following applies to you:
- You hold a student visa, provided you are not
- a family member of the main visa holder of this visa subclass
- the primary applicant who undertook a course/training under a scholarship scheme or training program approved by the Foreign Minister or the Defence Minister on condition that you will leave Australia on the completion of the course.
- You have held an eligible student visa at any time in the past six months and:
- You held an eligible student visa that was cancelled, but in the past 28 days the Migration Review Tribunal has notified you of a decision to set aside and substitute the Minister's decision not to revoke the cancellation.
In addition, you must not:
- have had a visa application refused or cancelled since last entering Australia unless you hold a substantive visa
- have any condition on your current visa that prevents you from applying to stay in Australia, such as 'No further stay' conditions (numbers 8503, 8534 or 8535). If you have condition 8503 or 8534 attached to your current visa, you should apply for the Temporary Graduate visa using paper
Form 1409 (635KB PDF), which includes an application to have the condition waived.