For exchange participants, sport trainees, elite players, coaches, instructors or adjudicators and Domestic Workers (Executive) only
You must keep records that show you have your complied with your sponsorship obligations. All of the records must be kept in a reproducible format and some must be capable of verification by an independent person.
You must keep a record of:
- any notification that you were required to make to us
- the date on which you notified us, and how and where you made the notification.
This obligation starts on the day the sponsorship is approved.
This obligation ends two years after both of the following:
- you are no longer an approved sponsor, and
- you are no longer sponsoring a visa holder.
You do not need to keep any records for more than five years.
For religious workers only
You must keep records that show your compliance with your sponsorship obligations. All of the records must be kept in a reproducible format and some must be capable of verification by an independent person. Records that must be kept, in addition to records that must be kept under other Commonwealth, and state or territory laws, include the following:
- written requests for payment of outward travel costs for a sponsored visa holder or their family, including when the request was received
- how the outward travel costs were paid, how much was paid, for whom they were paid, and when they were paid.