This visa does not allow a person to:
- perform as an entertainer in Australia or support an entertainer or group of entertainers performing in Australia
- direct, produce or take any other part in a production that will be shown, broadcast or performed in Australia (including theatre, film, television, radio, concert or a recording).
You might consider applying for the
Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) if you want to come to Australia to do these activities.
You can apply for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400) to:
- direct, produce or have any other role in a production that will not be shown in Australia (you will need to provide a distribution contract or other evidence to support this)
- come to Australia for a promotional activity, for example:
- an actor visiting Australia for a red carpet premiere
- a rock band in Australia for a promotional tour but no performances.