Course of study

As a highly specialised worker, you cannot study for any course that either:

  • leads to finishing a primary or secondary education programme
  • leads to a degree, diploma, trade certificate or other formal award
  • could be credited towards or accepted as a prerequisite for a course of studies at a higher educational institution in or outside Australia. The only exception is a language training programme.

Note: This study restriction does not apply to applicants granted the visa in Australia’s interest or to family members of a primary visa holder granted in the Australia’s Interest stream.