Individuals and Travellers

Evidence of payment for specified work or specified subclass 462 work

Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)

If you want to apply for a second year Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) you need to:

  • have completed three months ‘specified work’ while on your first Working Holiday visa
  • be able to provide evidence that you were paid in accordance with Australian law, for any ‘specified work’ undertaken after 1 December 2015.

See Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) for more information on 'specified work'.

Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)

If you want to apply for a second year Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) you need to:

  • have completed three months 'specified subclass 462 work' while on your first Work and Holiday visa
  • be able to provide evidence of payment for all 'specified subclass 462 work' undertaken from 19 November 2016 onwards.

See Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) for more information on 'specified subclass 462 work'.

Evidence of payment

You can check your pay and conditions using the Fair Work Ombudsman’s Pay and Conditions Tool (PACT). If you think you might have a workplace issue about underpayment of wages or entitlements, the Fair Work Ombudsman can help you.

If you are paid an hourly rate this must be shown on your payslip.

If you are working in the horticulture (fruit and vegetable farming) sector your employer may offer you a piece rate agreement. Piece rate agreements must be made in writing, and before you start employment. You should provide a copy of any piece rate agreements with your visa application.

Employers can only make deductions from your wages for things like meals, accommodation and equipment if you agree to them.  If you have agreed to any deductions, that agreement must be made in writing and you should provide evidence of your agreement with your visa application.

You can upload electronic copies of your evidence as attachments to your online second Working Holiday visa or second Work and Holiday visa application, or include hardcopies with a paper application. You should provide evidence covering your entire period of specified work.

Under Public Interest Criterion 4020, your visa application might be refused if you provide a bogus document or information that is false or misleading as part of your visa application.