English language requirements

    Provide the following evidence at the time of application:
  • achieving the required minimum test scores in a specified English language test either for the Temporary Residence Transition stream or the Direct Entry stream that has been conducted within three years immediately prior to the date of application lodgement
  • holding a valid passport issued by the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland and evidence you are a citizen of that country.
    You might not need to show adequate English language skills if you:
  • are applying through the Temporary Residence Transition stream and:
    • you have completed at least five years of full-time study in a secondary or higher education institution all of the tuition was delivered in English.

For more information see: Age skill and English language exemptions - Permanent Employer Sponsored programme.