Applicant documents


  • Form 47BU - Application for Business Skills (permanent) visa (589 kB PDF)
  • Form 1217 - Business Skills Profile: Business Owner (Residence) (78 kB PDF)
  • Form 949 - State/Territory sponsorship: Business Skills class (115 kB PDF).


Ownership of a main business or main businesses

Acquisition of a main business or main businesses

Employees and business/ personal assets


    Documentary evidence must include:
  • Complete ATO Portal Generated Business Activity Statement (BAS) (which includes itemised account - Integrated Client Account) for the 2 years immediately before the application is made.

Management in the main business or main businesses

It is reasonable to expect that an applicant who is actively involved in the day-to-day management of a business would be able to demonstrate planning, organising, directing and controlling the resources of the business throughout the 2 years immediately before application.

Important: Please provide a selection of documents and supporting evidence that best supports your claims as processing may be delayed when excessive inconsequential documents are provided.

Your identity

Provide evidence of your identity

Your relationships

  • For each member of your family unit who is not the holder of a Business Skills (Provisional) visa (subclasses 160-165) provide:
    • evidence of dependency if aged 18 or over (such as evidence of current studies)
    • certified copy of adoption or birth certificate or the family book, showing names of both parents or adoptive parents
    • certified copy of the marriage certificate (if applicable).
  • For each member of your family unit (child) included in the application who is 16 years of age or older:
    • Form 80 - Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment (373KB PDF).

Your children

    If you want to bring a child younger than 18 years of age with you to Australia, and that child’s other parent is not included in the application: documentary evidence that you have the legal right to bring that child to Australia, such as:

    • certified copies of official legal documents, such as a court-issued parental responsibility (custody), access or guardianship order
    • statutory declaration (80 kB pdf) giving their permission
    • Form 1229 - Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years (125 kB pdf). If you use Form 1229 or a statutory declaration, you will have to attach a certified copy of the other parent’s government-issued identification document (such as a passport or driver's licence) with their photograph and signature.