Applicant documents


  • Form 47BU - Application for Business Skills (permanent) visa (589kB PDF)
  • Form 927 - State/Territory notification: Business Skills class

Designated investment

Evidence you have held continuously for at least four years, in your name or your partner's name, the designated investment made for the purpose of being granted an Investor (Provisional) visa (subclass 162).

If the investment has already matured, the evidence can be in the form of:

  • written or emailed confirmation from the Treasury Corporation
  • bank statements confirming repayment of the amount.

Residence requirement

You need to have been a resident in Australia as an Investor (Provisional) visa (subclass 162) holder for a total of at least two years in the four years immediately before the visa application. The two-year period in Australia does not need to be continuous.

    Evidence to prove where you have resided could include:
  • ownership of residential property
  • residential address
  • rental receipts
  • utilities accounts such as electricity, gas, telephone
  • correspondence addressed to the applicant.

Business or investment record and history

Overview of your business or investment activities in Australia. Please provide a short summary of any activities undertaken in Australia in addition to holding the Designated Investment.

Commitment to business and/or your investment activity

  • A one-page summary of your proposed business or investment intentions in Australia in the long-term.
  • Include any investigation undertaken into the Australian business or investment operating environment.

Your identity

  • Certified copies of the biographical pages of the current passports or travel documents of all people included in the application (these are the pages with the holder's photo and personal details and the issue/expiry dates).
  • One recent passport sized photograph (45 mm x 35 mm) of each person included in the application.
    • These photographs should be of the head and shoulders only against a plain background.
    • Print the name of the person on the back of the photograph.
  • If your name has changed or the name of anyone included in your application has changed: a certified copy of evidence of the name change.
  • If anyone included in the application has served in the armed forces of any country: certified copies of their military service record or discharge papers.
  • An AFP National Police Check for you and each member of your family unit aged 17 years or over (whether applying or not) who, in the last 10 years, has been in Australia for 12 months or more since turning 16
  • Police clearances for you and each member of your family unit aged 17 years and over (whether applying or not); from each country where, in the last 10 years, that person has lived for 12 months or more since turning 16.

Your relationships

  • For any member of your family unit included in the application who is 18 years of age or older and is not your partner:
    • Form 47a - Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over (238 kB PDF).
  • For each member of your family unit (child) who is not the holder of a Business Skills (Provisional) visa (subclasses 160-165) provide:
    • evidence of dependency if aged 18 or over (such as evidence of current studies)
    • certified copy of adoption or birth certificate or the family book, showing names of both parents or adoptive parents
    • certified copy of the marriage certificate (if applicable).
  • For each member of your family unit (child) included in the application who is 16 years of age or older:
    • Form 80 - Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment (373KB PDF).

Your children

If you want to bring a child younger than 18 years of age with you to Australia, and that child’s other parent is not included in the application: documentary evidence that you have the legal right to bring that child to Australia, such as:
  • certified copies of official legal documents, such as a court-issued parental responsibility (custody), access or guardianship order
  • statutory declaration giving their permission
  • Form 1229 - Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years (125 kB pdf).
    If you use Form 1229 or a statutory declaration, you will have to attach a certified copy of the other parent’s government-issued identification document (such as a passport or driver's licence) with their photograph and signature.