Form 47BU - Application for Business Skills (permanent) visa (585KB PDF)
Form 1217 - Business Skills Profile: Business Owner (Residence) (78KB PDF)
Form 927 - State/Territory notification: Business Skills class (56KB PDF).
- Overview of your business career and intentions in Australia, which can include:
- a statement outlining your intended business and/or investment activities
- Overview of your business activities and assets in Australia. Provide a short summary (no more than two pages) addressing:
- your overall business career
- your ownership interest in your business(es) in Australia including size and length of ownership
- a summary of your Australian business’ activities
- your management role in your business(es) over the two years before application
- your net assets of your business(es) throughout the 12 months before application
- the turnover of your businesss(es) for the 12 months before application
- the number of employees employed by your business(es) throughout the 12 months before application, their citizenship/residency status and relationship to you, if any
- your net assets in Australia throughout the 12 months before your application.
- Evidence of business ownership for two years before application. This should include one or more of the following:
- evidence of the purchase of the business
- partnership, trust or franchise agreements (include all pages and related schedules, with evidence of stamp duty paid)
- evidence of the issue, purchase or transfer of shares showing:
- date of ownership
- if shares purchased or transferred, provide evidence from the relevant state revenue office that stamp duty has been paid, or that the shares have been registered with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)
- historical ASIC company extract.
- Evidence that you have participated in the day-to-day management of the business for two years before application, which can include:
- business of contracts
- minutes of meetings
- documents initiated or authorised.
Evidence needs to demonstrate involvement in decisions about the management of the whole or substantial part of the business and responsibility for such areas as strategic management, recruitment, price structure, business profitability, expenditure.
- Evidence of Australian Business number (ABN) for each business claimed. Evidence must be provided for each business for the two years before application.
- Business Activity Statement (BAS) for each business claimed. BAS must be provided for each business claimed for each period in the two years before application. If you do not have a BAS for any period within the two years, provide evidence from the Australian Taxation Office that you were not required to provide a BAS, plus supporting business documentation (for example most recent business taxation returns).
- Extracts from financial statements for your business, including balance sheet, profit and loss statement and notes to the accounts. The financial statements should:
- be signed by directors and the accountant
- be prepared by an accountant to Australian Accounting Standards
- cover the beginning and end of a 12-month period ending no more than three months before date of application.
Evidence of employees
- Evidence of the employment of employees in the main business or main businesses in Australia:
- evidence of at least two full-time employees (or of part-time employees who are the equivalent of two full-time employees) throughout a 12 month period ending no more than three months before the date of application. This period should be the same period covered by the financial statements of the business that you have provided. Evidence should include PAYG summaries, wage books, employee contracts, workers compensation, insurance and superannuation documents.
- evidence of residency/citizenship status of employees for the employment period that you have specified (for example, copy of passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate).
- Other business documents:
- one-page organisational chart for each business claimed, showing your position, staff attribution, management reporting lines and functional responsibilities over the two years before application.
- photos of business premises and business activities (maximum six photos).
Net assets of you and/or your partner (spouse or de facto)
- A one-page summary statement outlining all assets and liabilities for the beginning and end of a 12-month period ending no more than three months before the date of application. This period should be the same period covered by the financial statements and employee records that you have provided for the criteria listed above.
- Evidence of ownership and net value of assets held in Australia (minimum AUD 250,000 of assets, excluding liabilities, must be demonstrated). Only include assets held in Australia.
- You must provide evidence covering the beginning and end of the 12-month period ending no more than three months before application. This period should be the same period covered by the financial statements and employee records that you have provided in addition to a summary of assets.
- You must include evidence of liabilities (if any) against each asset such as mortgages, loans including unsecured and third party loans, credit cards etc.
- If you want to include assets held in trust, you must include a copy of the trust deeds.
- for cash assets in Australia:
- bank statements or term deposit certificates. All bank statements/certificates must have the same date of issue for each point in time (for example 30 June 2007 and 30 June 2008).
- for real estate assets:
- evidence of ownership (title deeds)
- evidence of value (valuation certificate by an accredited property valuer). Valuations by real estate agents who are not accredited property valuers are usually not acceptable.
- mortgage statements (if applicable) showing balance of amount owed.
- for business net assets in Australia:
- evidence of ownership and value.
- for personal or business loans in Australia:
- loan agreements, loan statements indicating amount borrowed and repayment schedule, listed in business balance sheet (if loan to/from a business).
- for stocks and bonds:
- share or bond registers, share or fixed interest securities or debentures certificates, transfer certificates, market value.
- Certified copies of the biographical pages of the current passports or travel documents of all people included in the application (these are the pages with the holder's photo and personal details and the issue/expiry dates).
- One recent passport sized photograph (45 mm x 35 mm) of each person included in the application.
- These photographs should be of the head and shoulders only against a plain background.
- Print the name of the person on the back of the photograph.
- If your name has changed or the name of anyone included in your application has changed: a certified copy of evidence of the name change.
- If anyone included in the application has served in the armed forces of any country: certified copies of their military service record or discharge papers.
- An AFP National Police Check for you and each member of your family unit aged 17 years or over (whether applying or not) who, in the last 10 years, has been in Australia for 12 months or more since turning 16.
- Police clearances for you and each member of your family unit aged 17 years and over (whether applying or not); from each country where, in the last 10 years, that person has lived for 12 months or more since turning 16.
- For any member of your family unit included in the application who is 18 years of age or older and is not your partner:
Form 47a - Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over (238KB PDF).
- For each member of your family unit who is not the holder of a Business Skills (Provisional) visa (subclasses 160-165) provide:
- evidence of dependency if aged 18 or over (such as evidence of current studies)
- certified copy of adoption or birth certificate or the family book, showing names of both parents or adoptive parents
- certified copy of the marriage certificate (if applicable).
- For each person included in the application who is 16 years of age or older:
Form 80 - Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment (373KB PDF).
- If you want to bring a child younger than 18 years of age with you to Australia, and that child’s other parent is not included in the application: documentary evidence that you have the legal right to bring that child to Australia, such as:
- certified copies of official legal documents, such as a court-issued parental responsibility (custody), access or guardianship order
- Statutory Declaration (80KB PDF) giving their permission
Form 1229 - Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years (125KB PDF).
If you use Form 1229 or a statutory declaration, you will have to attach a certified copy of the other parent’s government-issued identification document (such as a passport or driver's licence) with their photograph and signature.