For every dependent under 18 who is applying with you provide:
- identity documents
- documents about other relationships, if applicable
- character documents, if applicable.
proof that your dependent has lived for at least two years on an eligible visa in:
- regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area
- a designated area of Australia.
Parental responsibility documents
If the relationship with your partner has ended since grant of your provisional visa and your partner has a legal right to decide where your child under 18 lives, they must complete either:
- Form 1229 - Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years (125KB PDF)
- a statutory declaration giving their consent for the child to live in Australia on this visa.
Provide an identity document such as a passport or drivers licence that contains the signature of the person who completed Form 1229 or the statutory declaration.
Provide adoption papers or parental court orders, if applicable.