Documents for dependents 18 or older

For every dependent 18 or older who is applying with you provide:

  • identity documents
  • documents about other relationships, if applicable.
  • character documents, if applicable.

Living requirement

Provide proof that your dependent has lived for at least two years on an eligible visa in:

  • regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area
  • a designated area of Australia.

English language documents

If your child has turned 18 since they were granted their current skilled visa, provide proof that they have Functional English.

If you are not providing proof that this person has Functional English, you will need to pay the second instalment fee when we ask you to.