You need to provide documents to support your application for this visa. We can make a decision using the information you provide when you lodge your application. It is in your interest to provide as much information as possible with your application.
Form 47SV - Application for special migration to Australia (560KB PDF).
For any member of your family unit included in the application who is 18 years of age or older and is not your partner:
Form 47a - Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over (238 kB PDF).
A completed form from your nominator to you to lodge with your application:
Form 1000 - Nomination for Distinguished Talent (155KB PDF)
- Certified copies of the biographical pages of the current passports or travel documents of all people included in the application (these are the pages with the holder's photo and personal details and the issue/expiry dates).
- Two recent passport-sized photographs (45 mm x 35 mm) of each person included in the application.
- photographs should be of the head and shoulders only against a plain background.
- Print the name of the person on the back of each photograph.
- If your name has changed or the name of anyone included in your application has changed: a certified copy of evidence of the name change.
- Certified copies of marriage certificates or relationship registrations for you and anyone else included in your application, even if they are not joining you in Australia.
- If you are living in a de facto relationship: independent evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing (for example, joint bank account statements, billing accounts in joint names or joint ownership of major assets).
- If you or anyone included in the application has been widowed, divorced or permanently separated: a certified copy of the death certificate, divorce documents, or statutory declaration separation documents.
- Evidence of financial dependency for all your members of the family unit aged 18 or older:
- a certified copy of their birth certificate and proof of their relationship to you
- proof that they live in your household
- proof that they have been financially dependent on you for at least the 12 months immediately before you lodge your application.
Police checks for everyone included in the visa application who is 16 years of age or older:
- an Australian National Police Check for anyone who has spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in Australia since turning 16 years of age
- police certificates from each country in which anyone in your application has spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in the past 10 years since turning 16 years of age.
Provide the original certificates and keep a copy for yourself.
If anyone included in the application has served in the armed forces of any country: certified copies of their military service record or discharge papers.
English language ability
You should have at least functional English.
Applicants and dependants (18 years and older) who cannot provide evidence of having at least functional English must pay a second instalment of the visa application charge.
How can I prove I have functional English? explains how you can demonstrate your language ability.
Your record of achievement
Relevant qualifications and awards, including those received from internationally recognised institutions.
- Advice from government, professional, scientific, cultural, sporting or other relevant bodies in Australia.
- A statement by the nominator supporting your record of achievement.
- If you are younger than 18 or older than 55 years of age: evidence that you would be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community.
Your ability to find employment or become established independently in your field in Australia
demonstrate why you would have no difficulty in obtaining employment, or how you expect to support yourself, in Australia within your area of achievement. Income from employment which is not related to the area of achievement cannot satisfy the requirements of the visa, even if this only comprises part of your overall income.