Travelling outside Australia on the permanent Partner visa

You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want for up to five years on the permanent Partner visa (subclass 801). If you want to travel outside Australia after this time, you must apply for a Resident Return visa (RRV) to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.

New Zealand passport holders

New Zealand passport holders should tell the immigration officer at the border that they have a Partner visa. If you do not tell them, you might be granted a Special Category visa (subclass 444).