Temporary Residence Transition stream applicants

Skills and qualifications

    Your skills do not need to be assessed because you have already worked for your nominating employer for two years in Australia.
  • Registration, licensing or professional membership, if required for your occupation in the state or territory in which you will be working.
  • Documents from the relevant Australian registration and licensing authorities that show you hold, or will be able to meet, necessary registration and licensing requirements. The documents must specify both of the following:
    • the type of registration or licensing held
    • the name and contact details for the registration or licensing authority.


You must be under 50 years of age at time of application to satisfy the age requirement, or be exempt.

English language ability

  • The results of a specific English language test that you took less than three years before lodging your application and showing that you have at least competent English.
  • If you are exempt from the English language requirement, you must provide evidence that one of the following applies to you:
    • You have completed at least five years of full-time study in a secondary and/or higher education institution where all of the tuition was delivered in English.
  • For each of your dependants aged 18 years or older at the time you apply, one of the following (this is not required to be demonstrated at the time you lodge your application; however, your application will not be finalised until this evidence is provided):
    • They have functional English. See How can I prove I have functional English? for more information.
    • If they have less than functional English, a statement indicating that you intend to pay the second visa application charge.