About Us

Virgin Islands, British

Service locations

There is no Australian diplomatic mission in the British Virgin Islands. The Department's office in Ottawa, Canada, manages visa and citizenship services for clients in the British Virgin Islands. 

More information about visa and lodgement is available.

Australian High Commission



This visa office provides immigration and visa services to clients in Canada, Central America and the Caribbean including: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Pierre et Miquelon, St Vincent & The Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Islands.

Street address
The Australian High Comission
50 O'Connor Street, Suite 1301
Ottawa Ontario K1P 6L2
Postal address

As above

Counter hours

By appointment only.
Note: Appointments can be made by calling Americas Service Centre.


Americas service centre

+1 613 238 1040 (International call cost will apply)​

10am to 5pm EST Monday to Friday (Americas Region) ​​​​


+1 613 366 3070

Additional information

Payment information​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Credit card is the preferred payment option.

Credit Card​

Payments using credit card will be processed in Australian dollars (AUD). We accept MasterCard, Visa, AMEX, Diners and JCB. When paying by a credit card you may incur a credit card surcharge, banking and currency conversion fees and you will need to accept the risk associated with any currency fluctuations.​​​​​

Prior to lodging your application, you may need to notify your bank of an upcoming foreign credit card transaction. Failure to do so may result in your transaction being declined. Without payment your application is invalid.

Credit card transactions processed in Australian dollars (AUD) are processed in Australia.​​​​​ A credit card surcharge may apply to transactions made using your credit card.

For credit card payments use the Payment Details Form - 1440​.​​​​​

Money order or International bank draft

If you are paying by money order or international bank draft, you must make it payable to 'Australian High Commission' and payment must be in Canadian dollars.

​Making payment in Australia

Fees may be paid​ at any of our offi​ces in Australia. Once the fee has been paid, you will need to provide a copy of the receipt with your application.​​​



Applications for Citizenship by Descent can be lodged at this office.​​​​


​Applications for Australian citizenship general eligibility and other situations, and applications to resume or renounce (give up) Australian citizenship should be lodged at the Canberra Visa and Citizenship office in Australian Capital Territory​.


Police check

Virgin Islands (British) - non-residents

Virgin Islands (British) - non-residents
Street address

Police Headquarters
Road Town
Tortola, BVI (British Virgin Islands)


284 494 3822

Additional information

Apply by post or in person (or have a representative acting on your behalf) at the street address above.
Provide: A completed application form, two passport photographs and a copy of the bio data page from your passport.
If you wish for the certificate to be posted to you, you must include a pre-paid or self-addressed envelope, or pre-paid courier.
Fee: Payable to the Accountant General of the BVI. International money orders are acceptable.

Virgin Islands (British) - residents

Virgin Islands (British) - residents
Street address

Royal Virgin Islands Police Force
Administration Unit
Main Road Town Police Station
Tortola, BVI (British Virgin Islands)



Additional information

Apply in person at the address above.
You can also apply to the Main Valley Police Station (for residents of Virgin Gorda).
Provide: a completed application form (available at http://www.rvipolice.com/servicese), a valid passport and one passport-sized photograph.
If you wish the certificate to be posted to you, you will need to include a stamped self-addressed envelope.
Note: certificates may be sent directly to the department.
Fee: payable.