- be a parent or person who has custody of the student, or a relative who is 21 years or older and has been nominated in writing by a parent or someone who has custody of the student
- be able to provide accommodation, general welfare and support to the student, and
- not bring family members younger than 6 years of age, except under certain circumstances.
In limited circumstances, this visa may be granted if it will significantly benefit the relationship between Australia and another country. You should provide written support from the government of your home country or a letter of support from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
You must also:
- have enough money to support yourself, any dependants accompanying you and the student.
- have adequate health insurance for you and any dependants coming with you
- not owe any money to the Australian government or have arranged to repay any money owed
- only stay in Australia temporarily
biometric information if we ask for it.