This activity type is for sports persons to participate in sporting activities and/or to engage in competition with Australian residents. You might be eligible for this activity type if:
- you will participate in a high level structured sports training program that is aimed at developing you at or towards the national or international level
- play, coach, instruct or adjudicate for a sporting club or sporting organisation for a season (you must have a contract and an established reputation in your field of sport).
The requirements for this visa depend on the sporting activity:
- sports trainees
- you will be participating in a full-time structured sports training programme that is designed to achieve a high performance outcome
- the sports training organisation must have an international reputation for training elite sportspeople or adjudicators
- you must be currently competing or adjudicating at the Australian national level or equivalent or the relevant peak sporting body in Australia or overseas must provide a letter of endorsement stating that you have the potential to compete or adjudicate at the Australian national level
- elite player, coach, instructor or adjudicator
- there must be a contractual arrangement in place
- you must have an established reputation in your field of sport
- the Australian national sporting body must provide a letter of endorsement stating that you:
- have the ability to play, coach or instruct or adjudicate at the Australian national level
- will benefit the sport in Australia through your participation in that sport.
Note:If you are granted a visa as an elite player, coach, instructor or adjudicator your visa will generally cover the length of the sporting season. You are expected to depart Australia at the conclusion of the sporting .