To employ a domestic worker under this visa, you must:
  • hold a Diplomatic visa (subclass 995) and be accredited as a diplomat or consular officer in Australia
  • not be a permanent resident of Australia
  • have formal support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to employ a domestic worker, before the worker applies for their visa
  • intend to employ the worker to perform domestic duties in your private household
  • sign an employment contract that is in accordance with Australian workplace conditions, as well as applicable state and territory legislation.

The Fair Work Ombudsman can provide information and advice about workplace rights and conditions, including employer obligations.