You could get this visa if you:
- have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in a profession, a sport, the arts, or academia and research
- are still prominent in the area
- would be an asset to the Australian community
- have no difficulty getting employment, or in becoming established independently in your field in Australia
- are nominated by an eligible person or organisation
- meet health and character requirements.
If you are younger than 18 or you are 55 years of age or older when you apply, you must be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community.