General documents


    Complete the application forms and lodge them together:
  • Form 47CH - Application for migration to Australia by a child (333 kB PDF).
  • Form 40CH - Sponsorship for a child to migrate to Australia (297 kB PDF)

The forms must be completed in English.

Receiving assistance

You must tell us if your circumstances change. This includes a new residential address, a new passport, or a pregnancy, birth, divorce, separation, marriage, de facto relationship or death in your family.

Please report changes in your circumstances via ImmiAccount. If you are not able to use ImmiAccount, you can use the following forms:

  • Form 929 - Change of address and/or passport details (86KB PDF) — if you move to a new address or change your passport
  • Form 1022 - Notification of changes in circumstances (77KB PDF) — if there are other changes in your circumstances.

Character requirement

  • Police checks for everyone included in the visa application who is 16 years of age or older:
    • an Australian National Police Check for anyone who has spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in Australia since turning 16 years of age
    • police certificates from each country in which anyone in your application has spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in the past 10 years since turning 16 years of age.

    Provide the original certificates and keep a copy for yourself.