Adopted children

If you want to adopt a child from outside Australia, you must apply for an Adoption visa (subclass 102) on behalf of the child.

An adopted child can be granted a Child visa (subclass 101) if they were adopted before the eligible parent became the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa, an Australian citizen, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.