Status Resolution Service


SRS outreach visit to Gatton, Tuesday 13 March 2018

Status Resolution Service (SRS) officers from our Brisbane office will be undertaking an outreach visit to Gatton, on Tuesday 13 March 2018. During this visit, SRS officers can provide information to people who have overstayed their visa or do not have a valid visa and help to resolve their immigration issues. SRS officers can also discuss options to visa holders who are approaching their visa expiry dates about their visa options.

SRS staff will set up a shopfront at the Gatton Centrelink Office and will be available to talk to people from 9 am to 4 pm. No appointment is necessary.

Tuesday 13 March
9 am to 4 pm
Gatton Customer Centre (Centrelink Gatton)  
7 William Street, Gatton, QLD 4380

For the SRS hotline phone 1300 853 773

If your visa is about to expire or has expired, you should go to the My visa is about to expire or has expired webpage. It is the fastest and easiest way to resolve your immigration matter.

If you are in Australia, you must hold a valid visa for the duration of your stay and comply with the conditions of your visa. You must depart Australia no later than on the day on which your visa expires.

If you are in a situation where your visa has expired while you are in Australia, you can still depart. If you stay in Australia after your visa has expired, you become an 'unlawful non-citizen'.

The Australian Border Force (ABF) conducts visa compliance activity in the community. If you are found to be in the community without a valid visa:

  • you risk being detained and removed from Australia
  • you might have to pay the Australian Government for the cost of removing you from Australia
  • you could be banned from returning to Australia for up to three years – this is called a re-entry ban.

If you don’t have the right to remain in Australia, you must depart.

How we can assist

If you cannot resolve your immigration matter through the My visa is about to expire or has expired webpage, then the Department's Status Resolution Service can help.

SRS officers can explain your visa options and tell you how decisions you make now can affect your options later on. They can also help you plan your departure from Australia, and refer you to other services where necessary.

If you don’t have the right to remain in Australia, you must depart.

You can contact the Status Resolution Service by calling 1300 853 773. If you need interpreting assistance, call 131 450.