Employer Sponsored Workers

Start an application

To start an online application you will need to login to your ImmiAccount. If you do not have an ImmiAccount you will be prompted to create one.

You must add as much information as possible before you submit your application. Applications with missing information might take longer to finalise.

When completing your online application you must not copy and paste bullet points, numbering, accents etc from formatted documents into the free text fields. Only use numbers 0 – 9 and letters A – Z (upper and lower case), dashes '-' and underscores '_'.​​​​

Application type
Who is this for
Employer sponsorship For lawfully operating Australian businesses, or overseas businesses establishing an Australian entity or to fulfil a contractual obligation, to sponsor temporary overseas employees.​ Start employer sponsorship application
Employer nomination For businesses to nominate positions to be filled by a skilled overseas worker. Details of the vacant position and the skills and experience required by the employee who will fill the position are provided at this stage.​ Start an employer nomination application
Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (Primary) (subclass 457) For people applying to be sponsored by an Australian or overseas business to fill a skilled position in Australia. ​ Start primary visa application​
Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (Subsequent Entrant) (subclass 457) For family members of a subclass 457 visa holder.​ Start subsequent entrant visa application​

To complete an application you might be required to attach supporting documentation. You will need to check the relevant document checklist on the visa subclass page.​​​​

Track and manage your application

You will need to login to your ImmiAccount. If you do not have an account you will need to create one to access online visa services. You can use your account to:

  • continue a saved application​
  • attach documents
  • update passport details
  • change email and address details
  • check progress of your application.

Transaction Reference Number

A Transaction Reference Number (TRN) is a unique number assigned to each online application. You will need this to:

  • track and manage your application
  • identify your application when you communicate with us
  • check your visa entitlements


Before you start your application, you should read all the information about the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457).​


Help for ImmiAccount including Quick Reference Guides, FAQs and common error messages is available from the ImmiAccount page.

If you have read all of the available information, and you still require help, contact us with your enquiry.​​​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ ​