Grant of a Temporary Protection visa or Safe Haven Enterprise visa

If you are granted a TPV or SHEV, the departmental officer who made this decision will give you details of the specific visa you have been granted in the visa grant letter. You should keep a copy of this letter and the Visa Grant Notice in a safe place for your reference.

If you are an unaccompanied humanitarian minor who has been granted a TPV or SHEV the Unaccompanied Humanitarian Minors Programme may provide further assistance. 

It is important that you read the Visa Grant Notice and the Important Information leaflet that is attached to your grant letter. You should also read the Life in Australia booklet. This gives further information about services and assistance available to you.

It is available to download in English or in many community languages.

You will also become eligible to obtain ImmiCards. ImmiCard is an official, secure immigration credential that contains a photograph and personal details such as family name, given names, date of birth and gender. ImmiCards also have a unique number that is linked to biometric and visa details in our system.

Information on ImmiCards and how to order a replacement card if it is lost or stolen is included in your grant letter.

Information on the rights and conditions of your visa is in your Visa Grant Notice.

Travel condition 8570 applies to this visa. You must ask for approval if you want to travel outside Australia.

You should tell us if your circumstances change after you have been granted a visa. This includes a new residential address, a new passport, or a pregnancy, birth or death in your family. More information is available on 'Tell us of changes' tab of the page.

You cannot sponsor family members for a visa through the Australian Humanitarian or Family Migration Programme while you hold a TPV or SHEV.

You must tell us if you change your residential address within 28 days of moving.

You might also have access to a range of services offered by the Australian Government, such as benefits from Centrelink or Medicare. The Department of Human Services delivers a range of social and health-related payments and services.