I am an Australian importer, how do I apply for a Certificate of Origin and what does it look like?

The Chinese exporter of producer of the goods applies for the certificate of origin from the Chinese authorised bodies.

For imports to Australia China's authorised bodies, who can issue Certificates of Origin, are:

Samples of the Certificates of Origin issued by the Chinese authorised bodies can be viewed on our website. 

More information is available in 'Chapter 3 Rules of Origin and Implementation Procedures' on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade also has a guide to step you through this process, Guide to using ChAFTA to export and import goods.

Frequently Asked Questions